Last week the construction crew continued road work on Seneca Drive North, Seneca Drive West, and Seneca Gate. The current work site begins at the intersection of Seneca Drive North and Seneca Place, and ends at the intersection of Hewlett Avenue and Benson Lane. Daytime work hours are 7:30am-5:00pm Monday through Friday.
The outreach team is continuing to canvass residences and businesses along the route to share information about the project. The outreach team is available to address any questions or concerns regarding the project.
*Over the next week, neighbors can expect to see:
- Active road construction during daytime work hours (7:30am-5:00pm) located within the work site.
- Excavation on Seneca Drive West, Seneca Gate, and Hewlett Avenue.
- Backfilling on Seneca Drive North and Seneca Drive West for sections of the route that have been completed.
Traffic management updates:
- Work on Hewlett Avenue will require partial lane closures. Northbound and southbound through traffic will be reduced to one lane. Traffic passing through the work zone will be directed by flaggers as needed. Expect delays and plan accordingly when traveling past the work zone. Please remain alert and abide by all traffic control devices.
- Please note that there is no through traffic allowed on Seneca Gate during daytime work hours (7:30am-5:00pm). Vehicular access to Seneca Drive and Cayuga Drive will be available by way of Seneca Place.
- The work zone is closed to through traffic during daytime work hours (7:30am-5:00pm). Residents located within the work zone will have vehicular access to their driveway facilitated by the construction crew members as needed.
- There is no street parking permitted within the work zone during daytime work hours (7:30am-5:00pm).
- Equipment and material storage will temporarily reduce street parking availability nearby to the work zone. There will be reduced street parking on Seneca Drive North, Seneca Drive West, Benson Lane, and Hewlett Avenue.
- During non-work hours the work zone will have road plates covering the trench. Please drive slowly when crossing over the road plates. The noise generated by speeding vehicles creates a nuisance for neighbors.
Please feel free to reach out by emailing us at Merrick@
*Please note, due to the complexities of outdoor construction, schedule is subject to change.